Friday, December 2, 2011

Rapunzel? It's alright mate, my Daddy has a ladder.

Today P5 went for the world's most well documented haircut.
Before:

The difficult moment:
She was an absolute trooper. Once this girl makes her mind up, that's it. She held it all together:
And even managed a photo smile:
All done!
After:
Still gorgeous! 
It was a funny old thing. So scary for me. I have had people call out of cars at traffic lights and tell me not to cut her hair. People stopped us on the street all the time to tell her how beautiful it was. I took to tying it back to stop the comments. It just was a bit weird the way people gushed, especially when her brother was with us too. All very nice, and yes she is lovely, but I started to wonder what kind of effect that has on you as you grow up? At the end of the day it was P5's decision, and she'd had enough of the hair, so who am I to argue? I think it's probably best for her anyway.

Plus it was super fun for us when we got home. We had to eh?
Who could resist?
(Bunce would like me to reiterate how fabulous he must be to let me blog that pic. Duly done.)

And yes SarahB, we got 14 inches to donate. Thanks for the idea :)

9 comments:

Jinksy said...

Speechless, Bro!

But well done P5 - it looks fabulous, and no more knots will be worth the snip! ♥

Tenebria said...

OhMiss P, you look fabulous! It's even easier to see your beautiful face now. It must have been jolly scary, but well done all!

PLUS you have solved Bunce's getting-thin-on-top. Genius!

rhymeswithplague said...

Gorgeous from the back; even more gorgeous from the front (because we can see her beautiful face).

Christine H. said...

What a wonderful post. I love those last photos too. She is adorable. I had similarly long hair when I was her age and I hated it. It was always getting snarled and brushing it was a chore, yet everyone gushed about it, and my mother didn't want me to cut it. They finally gave in. I never looked as cute as your Rapunzel though, not with long hair or short hair.

Carolina said...

(Came over from Jinksy's place.) I like the new look. Very pretty. Also very pretty: the guy on that last photo. Beats a comb-over ;-)

Hilary said...

Wonderful post. Thanks to Jinksy for pointing it out.

Rubye Jack said...

She looks prettier than ever.
People are darn right weird about long hair. I don't get it personally, and think it is sad to see adults with hair down to their waist because it seems to be their identity.

Jackie said...

Beautiful girl...
Love the smiles on her.
My granddaughter did the same thing; she cut her hair and donated it to a cause for cancer patients that needed hair for wigs.
I came here from Jinksy's blog.
Hugs,
Jackie

Kate said...

I had long, long hair when I was young, to. I still remember the sharp pain of the brush over a knot, and the janking up into a high ponytail each morning. The new cut looks super!